Exchanging links

Andy17

Hey guys,

I am going to exchange one link (just one total) with another website. My own website currently has PR0, since it's brand new and doesn't have a whole lot of traffic yet. He has multiple websites and I can choose one of two websites where he will link to me from. One has PR2 and the other is PR1. However, the PR1 website's content is more relevant to mine.

I know that it's better to be linked to from sites in the same category, but is it worth 1 PR? So, my question is: should I go with PR2 or PR1 + more relevant content?

Thank you in advance

Andy

Trading links isn't really effective. If you have other websites, point links towards your newer website WITHOUT pointing one back to the two. Or do a triangle of links. Site A links to Site B and Site B links to Site C. Then Site C links back to Site A. The best way to do it is to comment on Wordpress blogs whenever you're viewing them. They often allow you to leave behind your website URL. The aim of the game is to get as many NON-reciprocal links pointing towards your website as possible. Then PR will come. PR is only updated every few months though, so you never get to see it rising, so to speak. One of my websites went from PR 0 to PR 3 overnight.

True, very true. Do you, however, have any idea which would be best of the two? I have also registered at some forums and left some comments in some guest books where I could provide my URLs. It's super, because you can do this on the majority of the forums out there.

Basically just sign up to relevant Forums, and post as your time allows. You can keep a link for your website in your sig, which most forums considers to be fine.

I wouldn't spend much time on blog comments, unless i was there anyway. In the beginning its worth to submit your site to relevant categories in the many free Directories.

Don't submit to directories that require you to link back or pay to get included. You just risk getting punished by search engines.

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.