Zend

waynewex

What do you mean with "using Zend"? That doesn't make sense. Zend is a company.

Yes... I meant using Zend as a company... in my code.... o_O

I think you knew what I meant. If I'm telling you that I only started using Zend, what do you think I'm talking about?

I think you knew what I meant. If I'm telling you that I only started using Zend, what do you think I'm talking about?

If I said I was using Microsoft, what do you think I'd be talking about? 

Firstly, using my magnificent powers of deduction, I would conclude that you weren't using Microsoft in your code. Secondly, my powers of deduction would move onwards, concluding that you obviously meant a framework. Maybe .NET? But then again, you are providing me with a completely false analogy. When somebody on a PHP forum board says that they are starting off with Zend, what do you think they're talking about? You were able to understand what I was talking about... so you've already kind of proved my point.

Firstly, using my magnificent powers of deduction, I would conclude that you weren't using Microsoft in your code.

I could be talking about programming in VB.

Secondly, my powers of deduction would move onwards, concluding that you obviously meant a framework. Maybe .NET?

I could have obviously meant sitting in front of my TV playing my xbox.  Oh wait, that's not so obvious a deduction...and neither is yours.

But then again, you are providing me with a completely false analogy. When somebody on a PHP forum board says that they are starting off with Zend, what do you think they're talking about?

Just because you fail to see the similarity doesn't mean it's false. The point you are failing to see is that Zend is a company that offers several products and they are all programmer related, from certification courses to frameworks to optimizers to obfuscators.  My microsoft analogy is even more ambiguous because they do offer products and services that are not programmer related.  But if anything, that's a success, not a failure, as far as analogies go.  You should have been able to see the ambiguity in that statement because it's bigger, and apply it on the smaller level of Zend.  The goal here was for you to understand the concept of ambiguity. 

You were able to understand what I was talking about... so you've already kind of proved my point.

No, we were not able to understand what you were talking about.  Because you were being ambiguous.

I could be talking about programming in VB.

You could. But if I were to say that on a C# forum, you'd know what I was talking about, right? As I said before: you're tossing up false analogies here. I said what I said on a PHP forum board.

I could have obviously meant sitting in front of my TV playing my xbox.  Oh wait, that's not so obvious a deduction...and neither is yours.

If it wasn't that obvious a deduction to make, then why did you make it in the first place? Please see your first reply to this topic. You obviously knew what I was talking about and now you're just trying to argue otherwise out of stubbornness.

Just because you fail to see the similarity doesn't mean it's false. The point you are failing to see is that Zend is a company that offers several products and they are all programmer related, from certification courses to frameworks to optimizers to obfuscators.  My microsoft analogy is even more ambiguous because they do offer products and services that are not programmer related.  But if anything, that's a success, not a failure, as far as analogies go.  You should have been able to see the ambiguity in that statement because it's bigger, and apply it on the smaller level of Zend.  The goal here was for you to understand the concept of ambiguity.

Microsoft operate on a much larger level than Zend do. If I had said that I was using Microsoft on this very forum, then there would be a greater cause for confusion, but since I said that I was using Zend, the obvious conclusion should come to mind, especially seeing as this is a PHP forum. Also... who uses certification courses inside their actual code?

Saying that your analogy is more successful because it completely exaggerated what I said regarding Zend, taking it out of context and blowing it up to seem much more irrational, is ridiculous.

I admit that I should have been more detailed; but I do not believe that my post warranted a "OMG THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE." If anything, such replies serve to highlight the snobbish elitism that some people carry on this forum.

Well... I given you a list of Zend products, that you might have been talking about. Even if Zend Framework would be the most probable, you still should use it's name if it is the one.

I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the reply.

Either of Zend's products would make sense when you say that. Zend Studio, Zend Optimizer, Zend Guard, Zend Framework, Zend Core, Zend Platform. I've used all those things except for Zend Guard. They also offer certification, training, consulting, and support with your code. All of those are related to PHP so how the hell am I supposed to know which of those things you are talking to? It's not my fault you are not capable of communicating properly.

Either of Zend's products would make sense when you say that. Zend Studio, Zend Optimizer, Zend Guard, Zend Framework, Zend Core, Zend Platform. I've used all those things except for Zend Guard. They also offer certification, training, consulting, and support with your code. All of those are related to PHP so how the hell am I supposed to know which of those things you are talking to? It's not my fault you are not capable of communicating properly.

Well if you didn't know what the hell I was on about; why reply in the fucking first place? Why make it your mission to make a snobbish so-far-up-your-own-rectum-that-it's-popping-out-of-your-mouth comment about me supposedly using Zend, the company, inside my code? If you can't say something that is remotely constructive, shut the fuck up and move on, instead of being an elitist dickhead.

Oh, and real mature:

You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members in regards to the message:

Re: Need a name for a mysql based news script.

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

I didn't insult anyone in that thread. At all.

Man. It is, I don't deny it. But I'm object of such jokes each day, and you know what? I don't go around calling names, but try to get some fun of it as well. And from time to time make fun of someone else's mistakes as well. Try it, it's better for health. (This last sentence was also a joke)

Well if you didn't know what the hell I was on about; why reply in the fucking first place? Why make it your mission to make a snobbish so-far-up-your-own-rectum-that-it's-popping-out-of-your-mouth comment about me supposedly using Zend, the company, inside my code? If you can't say something that is remotely constructive, shut the fuck up and move on, instead of being an elitist dickhead.

Okay seriously, this is getting out of hand.  You asked an ambiguous question.  People responded by asking for clarification, not by making out like elitist dickheads.  At no point in time was anybody like "omg you are retarded you can't ask a question right you noob" or however you think elitist dickheadism goes.  Then you started getting all pissy because we aren't mind readers, and even more pissy when people started calling you out on being pissy about it. 

This thread is closed.