Most efficient method of storing multiple id's?

earth2ocean

My project has become bigger than anticipated and my staff want me to create an events list as well as everything else. I can make the events list easily enough, but I'm wondering what would be the best way to add a customer to an event... The way I see it, I have several options:

1) Add multiple event id's into the same field in the customer's record

2) Add multiple customer id's into the same field in the event record

3) Create a new table and append a customer id and the event id every time a customer is added to another event (creating a potentially HUGE table?)

Is it even possible to add multiple data into one field? Customers wouldn't necessarily be added to multiple events all at once, so the field would have to be able to be altered/updated as they are added to another event... can that be done? Or can anyone tell me if there is a better way to accomplish this?

Another question related to this is: Can I have the event list automatically delete old events after their date is passed? I'm guessing that's going to need me to do 'something' (click a button, link etc) to make it happen, right?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.