Need Tutorial/Script for Members Section (User Profile Page)

MxGucci

Hi,

I am in the midst of making an online community website for poker players, however I don't have the php/mysql skills it takes to build a membership section which will allow users to sign up for an account, have a unique profile page where they can add content, allow to access pages that need authentication and so forth. I am sure you understand what I want, basically a section for my members like those big online social network sites, but it doesn't have to be that upscale and user friendly, just simple.

If anyone has any scripts or tutorials, I would prefer a script as most tutorials will speak in terms which will only make me want to puke, if anyone can assist me in accomplishing this, I will greatly appreciate it.

I am even willing to pay someone or purchase a software, only after I try it out and fully have it adapted to my website and have the ability to keep on expanding to my needs. I have found numerous user authentication scripts on hotscripts.com, however most only just have simple basic user sign up pages with login forms, no profile page, or any other user interactivity -- can someone tell me why this is? Is it because the creators of such scripts want to leave the utilization of functions up to the webmasters and just give them the tool for user authentication?

Anyways, sorry for the lengthy e-mail, any and all suggestions and comments are welcome. I hope someone can assist me.

Thanks for your time,

Gucci

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.