Rollover table?

liamloveslearning

Hi everyone,

This is pretty hard to explain as i cant find any example, but I need to create like, a pull out table? imagine you have an empty browser window with a tiny tab on the bottom, when you rollover the tab it moves up and shows a table containing information, and when you roll of it moves back down only revealing the tab button, im sorry if this is to hard to understand, but does anybody know where I might find a tutorial for this?

Hi everyone,

This is pretty hard to explain as i cant find any example, but I need to create like, a pull out table? imagine you have an empty browser window with a tiny tab on the bottom, when you rollover the tab it moves up and shows a table containing information, and when you roll of it moves back down only revealing the tab button, im sorry if this is to hard to understand, but does anybody know where I might find a tutorial for this?

You could do it easily if you incorporated jQuery.  Something like:

<html>
   <head>
      <title>Scroll test</title>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/jquery.min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
         $(document).ready(function()
         {
            $("#tab").mouseover(function()
            {
               $("#myTable).show("slow");
            });

$("#tab").mouseout(function()
            {
               $("#myTable).hide("slow");
            });
         });
      </script>
   </head>

<body>
      <table id="myTable"> <!-- fill out your table here --> </table>

<div id="tab"> <!-- fill out your tab here --> </div>
   </body>
</html>

hi, thanks for the reply, i dont quite understand tho, what do you mean by jquery? ive looked at their site i jsut dont have a clue about javascript, thanks again

jQuery is a JavaScript framework designed and written primarily by John Resig.  It's primary purpose is to allow JavaScript coders to get quick results without having to reinvent the wheel for every project.

If you don't have a clue about JavaScript, then you should probably try to get the basics down before attempting to incorporate animation into your site.  Unfortunately, most online tutorials are lacking.  Therefore I recommend the following book:

The JavaScript and DHTML Cookbook by Danny Goodman (http://www.amazon.com/JavaScript-DHTML-Cookbook-Danny-Goodman/dp/0596514085/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227044793&sr=1-1).  It's a decent introduction to the language, and it's written in a results-oriented way, so you'll see code in action.  It doesn't teach best practices, or professionally written JavaScript, but it's a good place to start.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.