[SOLVED] File Download Issue

Syphon

I've got a simple file download script that runs great on my localhost. When I'm testing on our live server it takes forever (1-2 min or so) for the FireFox save dialogue to pop up. When it eventually does and I download the file, the size is 0KB and the file is completely blank! Any ideas on what's causing this? The actual size of the file I'm downloading is less than 5KB.

// This script is within a class. The variables values are below
// $this->FileLocation = /var/www/html/files/testfile.txt
// $this->FileMIME = application/octet-stream
// $this->FileName = "My File"
// $this->FileSize = 1233

$FileLocation = APPROOT."files/".$this->FileLocation;
$FileExt = strrchr($this->FileLocation, ".");
header("Content-Type: ".$this->FileMIME);
header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: Binary");
header("Content-Length: ".$this->FileSize);
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".basename(str_replace(" ", "", $this->FileName).$FileExt)."\"");
readfile($FileLocation);
exit;

Hmm, the problem seems to have fixed itself. On our live testing servers I can't seem to download the file; however if the code is executed on the live site (just a different directory on the same server) it works as expected. I wonder if SSL is some how to blame. If it works on my live site then I'm not concerned anymore. It'd be nice to figure out why it doesn't work in a different directory on the same server though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.