SSL Certificates

incoe

Hello,

i was wondering is the SSL certificates business a good deal?

and how does it go, i mean as how to build a business like that :-) i joined this forum to get soe answers, i have asked so many programmers but none seems to be able to explain to me what goes on and how it goes, i would appreciate any help in this topic.

thanks in advance  :)

Karim.

What are you talking about?

SSL certs can only be signed by certain companies, and you're not likely to become one of those.  Therefore, you would have to become a reseller, which would be kind of odd unless you were also the person's host.

I don't think you understand how the SSL cert thing works x.x.

What an earth made you decide to look into starting a certificate authority? If you just saw certificates being handed out for x price and thought hey, now there's some potential!  Then as corbin said, you're mistaken.  There are very few actual certificate authorities.  By far and large, you have vendors who resell them, and by far and large, it's hosting companies who buy them and then offer them as part of their hosting packages. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.