SWF flash file not able to access images.

jasonc

I have a SWF flash slideshow which gets images from the same domain that the SWF file is also on.

i.e.

www.domain.com/flash.swf

www.domain.com/images/img1,jpg

www.domain.com/images/img2.jpg

but it does not show these images due to the 'hotlink' feature in my cpanel, i turn it off and the images show.

but i need this to prevent other sites from stealing my bandwidth with my videos i have also on my domain.

i thought i'd add the following to the urls allowed, to allow the flash to access but this did not work.

www.domain.com/images/

how else can i allow the SWF file to access the images but still have the feature active to prevent hotlinking.

i block other sites from embeding my images or SWF or any file on my server within their sites.

when the hotlink feature is enabled in cpanel, i get the error messages in the 'error logs' of cpanel that a file was not found at the time i viewed the SWF file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.