Rounding Decimals PLEASE HELP :(

kendallkamikaze

Alright so I own an online game and when you breed animals you get a genetic profile for them...wellllll the genetic profile keeps giving decimals, this is the code we've implimented to try and prevent that, but its not working. We've tried to make it so that if a number it odd, it will add 1 to it to make it even so that we don't end up with a decimal, but i figure getting a code to try and round it would be a lot easier.

<?php

if ($number1 == 1 or 3 or 5 or 7 or 9 or 11 or 13 or 15 or 17 or 19 or 21 or 23 or 25 or 27 or 29 or 31 or 33 or 35 or 37 or 39 or 41 or 43 or 45 or 47 or 49 or 51 or 53 or 55 or 57 or 59 or 61 or 63 or 65 or 67 or 69 or 71 or 73 or 75 or 77 or 79 or 81 or 83 or 85 or 87 or 89 or 91 or 93 or 95 or 97 or 99)

{

$number1 + 1;

} else {

$number1 + 0;

}

$number1 = $MareLegs + $StallLegs;

$FoalLegs= $number1 / 2;

echo "$FoalLegs";

?>

we desperately need some help.

<?php

if ($number1 == 1 or 3 or 5 or 7 or 9 or 11 or 13 or 15 or 17 or 19 or 21 or 23 or 25 or 27 or 29 or 31 or 33 or 35 or 37 or 39 or 41 or 43 or 45 or 47 or 49 or 51 or 53 or 55 or 57 or 59 or 61 or 63 or 65 or 67 or 69 or 71 or 73 or 75 or 77 or 79 or 81 or 83 or 85 or 87 or 89 or 91 or 93 or 95 or 97 or 99)

{

$number1 & 1;

} else {

$number1 & 0;

}

$number1 = $MareTemperament + $StallTemperament;

$FoalTemperament= $number1 / 2;

echo "$FoalTemperament";

?>

that?

No no.

if ($number & 1) {
    $number++;
}
$FoalTemperament = $number1 / 2;
echo $FoalTemperament;

<?php

if ($number & 1) {

$number++;}

$FoalTemperament = $number1 / 2;

echo $FoalTemperament;

?>

??? If thats the code that should be there, it still didnt work :( DAMN EFFING BREEDING SCRIPT IS THE DEATH OF ME.

Are $MareTemperamant and $Stal Temperamant set?  And try:

im not sure excatly what that means, but when you create a horse on the game they are given to you with a set of genetic traits that you cant change, which would be the mare/stalltemp etc. but when you breed you need to combind the two and devide, but since there are odd numbers we keep getting those damn decimals.

You just tried to echo $FoalBack instead of $FoalTemperament.

But my honest guess is that if you had that original if statement (the one to check for odd numbers) messed up so badly, there are more problems with the code.  I'd suggest rereading everything and finding things that don't look quite right.

You just tried to echo $FoalBack instead of $FoalTemperament.

But my honest guess is that if you had that original if statement (the one to check for odd numbers) messed up so badly, there are more problems with the code.  I'd suggest rereading everything and finding things that don't look quite right.

my mistake, even after fixing it, it still didnt work.

im not too sure what could be the issue because everything else appears and is acting fine, minus the rounding of the numbers part. hah

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.