table formatting

Guest Jennifer Good

Guest Jennifer Good
Is there a way to  get the  character size in pixels for the  standard character sizes?. If I use
<FONT SIZE='3'>, can I get  the width of the character in pixels, If it is Font  dependent, use 'Arial,Helvetica' for the FACE.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Can explain your problem more? ALso I would advise to not use the font tag. But learn CSS to style how your text on your page looks like, eg:
[code]<span style="font-size: 12px;">This text size is 12px</span>[/code]
Or you can use this HTML and add it before the closing head (< /head>) tag:
[code]<style type="text/css">body {
    font-size: 12px;
}
</style>[/code]
That will then format all the text to 12px. However you can still add in more CSS styles to format how your font looks like in a different html tag, such as the table tag with this:
[code]table {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-family: Verdan, Arial, Helvetica;
}[/code]
That will then style any text in a table to 16px in size and use Verdana as the font. If you want to learn how to use CSS got to [url=http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_intro.asp]w3schools.com[/url].

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.