Suggestion for Database

fusionpixel

I am creating a basic CMS and everything is working flawlesly but there is a new catch. One of the sections of the CMS will be a QA section where the user will be able to add/edit/delete basic QA section. for example something like this would be rendered on the HTML

Q: blah?

A: ander to blah

I have the QA inside a single cell and I know it is awful so I am debating what would be the best way to handle this. My first thought is to create a table and add the Q and A rows as necessesary but keeping it independent from the whole QA. but I am sure there is a more elegant way to handle this. Of course I don't want to fix what is not broken but I really want to improve what is already fixed.

TIA.

a, so all in one FIELD. i would do multiple fields, but the same row.

Table Name: FAQ

faq_id INT AUTO_INCREMENT

faq_q TEXT

faq_a TEXT

faq_added_dttm DATETIME

faq_updated_dttm DATETIME

So you would add more fields instead of more rows in a different table? not sure if that is practical unless I am missing something important here :)

a, so all in one FIELD. i would do multiple fields, but the same row.

Table Name: FAQ

faq_id INT AUTO_INCREMENT

faq_q TEXT

faq_a TEXT

faq_added_dttm DATETIME

faq_updated_dttm DATETIME

So you would add more fields instead of more rows in a different table? not sure if that is practical unless I am missing something important here :)

no...each Question/Answer combination would be a row in that table structure

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.