sharing a database??

z1haze

Hi, I have a website that has a members login and everything and a sql database.. and i also have a vbulletin forums linked to the site.. is it possible to somehow link the usernames from my website database to be the same as the ones in the forum database.. so that the people do not have to register twice? i hope you understand I dont really know the lingo to explain it.

i went there.. i think it only shows you how to link forum databases together.. my website i want to link the forums to is just a website with logins and stuff.. its not a forums.. well it has integrated forums but i dont want to use them i want to use the vbulletin forums, and use the website logins..

maybe this is a better way to explain it..

I have a website that uses a sql database to manage the users and password and such... i want to install a vbulletin on my server and someone use the same users and passwords to login to vbulletin.. without having them to register TWICE

Yup, again.. Go to their forums and ask how to integrate.

They probably have documentation on custom integration. If not, their users can help you. This really isn't the right place for it (even though PHPFreaks has a Third-Party software forum)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.