Displaying upcoming birthdays

Scorptique

Ive been researching for hours but I cant seem to find the solution. How do I display the upcoming birthdays from my database?

my table is called contact_list and amongst the other attributes stored, it stores the cl_id's Date of Birth (cl_dob). I tried datediff but that will only show me the oldest person to the youngest, not the upcoming birthdays. Can anyone help me?

I can't find it. Most of the search results return upcoming EVENTS. DOB and events are different because the year for upcoming even is > 2008 however the year for DOB is < 2008. I tried like 20 over statements but they all fail. Someone please help me.

This one doesnt work either:

Select cl_id, cl_fname, cl_lname, cl_email, date_format(cl_dob, '%d %b %Y') AS cl_dob,
(DAYOFYEAR(NOW() +INTERVAL 365 day) - DAYOFYEAR(cl_dob)) AS diff from contact_list where 
username='$username' HAVING diff BETWEEN 1 AND 365

Neither does this one:

select cl_id, cl_fname, cl_lname, cl_email, date_format(cl_dob, '%d %b %Y') AS cl_dob,
period_diff(date_format(now(), '%m'), date_format(cl_dob, '%m')) as datesDiff from contact_list 
where username = '$username' order by datesDiff desc, day(cl_dob)

I cleared the rest ><

why not just do just do something like select from blah where cl_dob is between todays date and today + 7days.  I dont know how to do it myself but it shouldnt be that hard to create a simple function like that then just echo all the results

You still have to deal with the year issue... hence the previous thread.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.