SQL error when posting Korean characters using phpBB

JungMin

Hi, I am very new to this kind of thing. I set up a discussion board and everything seems to work fine, except when I try to post a message with some Korean characters in it.  Even if there is just one korean korean character in the whole post (nothing else), it gives me this error...

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xEC\xA4\x91\xEC\x95\x99...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_edit_reason = '', forum_id = 8, poster_id = 2, icon_id = 0, post_approved = '1', enable_bbcode = 1, enable_smilies = 1, enable_magic_url = 1, enable_sig = 1, post_username = '', post_subject = 'Corny Kegs', post_checksum = '79f4917f0ca27772913b2e07aad6caed', post_attachment = 0, bbcode_bitfield = '', bbcode_uid = '2543mb63', post_edit_locked = 0, post_text = 'Corny kegs are available in Korea if you look really hard. I found a place in the restaurant supply area the 중앙 Market in downtown Seoul. It\'s pretty hard to find the first time, so if you are interested PM me and I may be able to draw up a map. The place is called Joongang Keg, (02)-2238-8339/011-216-9536. The kegs are used and are dirty (Oxy Clean works wonders), but most are in great shape. I paid 30,000won each. Make sure that any keg you buy is under pressure so you know there are no leaks. The I also got a 20lb (I think) CO2 tank off the guy for 60,000won and a regulator for 30,000won.' WHERE post_id = 18

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1960
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1001
CALL: submit_post()

I think maybe I have to change something with the database to allow Korean characters, but I am really not sure.  I tried to search for this, but couldn't find anything with similar errors.

I would greatly appreciate any help....please bare with me, as I am very new to this sort of thing.

Thanks!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.