Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xyn

SQL Error

Hey Guys!
Can someone tell me what's wrong with my SQL Code, I've checked the code and can't spot an error so it's probably my eyes.

MYSQL_ERROR();
[color=red]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 16[/color]

[code=php:0]mysql_query("INSERT INTO profile (user, age, fav_music, fav_band, fav_song, hat_music, hat_band, hat_song, fir_album, fir_single, fir_gig, interests, stats, rated, date, time) VALUES ('".strtolower($usrnam)."',
'".$_POST[age]."',
'".$_POST[fav_music]."',
'".$_POST[fav_band]."',
'".$_POST[fav_song]."',
'".$_POST[hat_music]."',
'".$_POST[hat_band]."',
'".$_POST[hat_song]."',
'".$_POST[fir_album]."',
'".$_POST[fir_single]."',
'".$_POST[fir_gig]."',
'".$_POST[interests]."',
'".$_POST[stats]."',
'0',
'$date',
'$time'") or die(mysql_error());[/code]

I've done it now Lol. mist the connection string...
and a spelling error

Try this.

[code]
mysql_query("
INSERT INTO profile
(user, age, fav_music, fav_band, fav_song, hat_music, hat_band, hat_song,
fir_album, fir_single, fir_gig, interests, stats, rated, date, time)
VALUES (
'" .strtolower($usrnam) ."', '$_POST[age]', '$_POST[fav_music]', '$_POST[fav_band]',
'$_POST[fav_song]', '$_POST[hat_music]', '$_POST[hat_band]', '$_POST[hat_song]',
'$_POST[fir_album]', '$_POST[fir_single]', '$_POST[fir_gig]', '$_POST[interests]', '$_POST[stats]', '0', '$date', '$time')"
) or die(mysql_error());
[/code]

Also you should look into addslashes().

[quote author=JayBachatero link=topic=99345.msg391205#msg391205 date=1151962950]
Also you should look into addslashes().
[/quote]

...or use MySQL's real_escape_string to prevent injection attacks.

$query="INSERT INTO profile (user, age, fav_music, fav_band, fav_song, hat_music, hat_band, hat_song, fir_album, fir_single, fir_gig, interests, stats, rated, date, time) VALUES ('$usrnam','$age','$fav_music','$fav_band','$fav_song','$hat_music','$hat_band','$hat_song','$fir_album','$fir_single],'$fir_gig','$interests','$stats]','0','$date','$time'") or die(mysql_error())";

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.