Video Streaming

The Little Guy

I have 3 computers connected to the same router and internet.

- My fastest computer is connected by an Ethernet cable (furthest from router 50+ ft)

- My next fastest computer is wireless, and usually has about 2-3 bars.

- My least fastest computer is connected by Ethernet, and is closest to the router (> 2ft)

Where I notice the speed difference is when I am watching movies on my site. I stream ~15MB movies. On the slow computer the video plays faster than it loads. On the other two the video has finished in about the first 10-20 seconds of playback.

All this streaming has taken place with only ONE computer online and playback time. What could be the problem?

your "least fastest" machine is a POS, perhaps?

Wow, that was very...brusque. =P  Nice way to put it though.

well, it just seems like the most obvious conclusion is that it's clearly the fault of the machine and not the connection.  i used to have plenty of issues with laggy videos on my older machine for a variety of reasons, all related to the computer itself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.