Form to PHP to SQL

luke1438

Let's get everything out in the open; 6 days ago I did not know what .php was.  I am a finance person trying to start my own website.  I catch on quickly, but sometimes not quick enough.

I have attached a Word file with the code I am using to create a subscription form to a newsletter.  The site is hosted at Godaddy and unfortunately they provide no help.  I have read and searched the internet to answer my questions, thus I have put together the attached code.  The problem is I fill out the form on the internet and it does not end up in the database.  I have gone back and changed many parts of the code many times but I still get nothing.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions; I have obviously missed something important.  To see the page in action you can go to the site http://www.globaleconomistreview.com/current_edition.html and click on the link "Sign Up For Notification of Next Edition"

Thank you

Luke

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.