PHP Coding Contests

john-formby

Thats a shame.  PHP is a hobby for me and I figured that trying to find resolutions to specific problems would further increase my understanding of the language.  Also, I wanted something to do in my spare time :)

I thought about building my own site for this, but if interest is limited then there doesn't seem much point. 

Would the prize be a prime motivator for people to enter?

Do you think people would be prepared to pay a small fee when entering their code?  Cash prizes could be offered for top 3 places.  I would just want enough money to offer a decent prize and cover hosting costs.  I am not interested in making a profit, just creating a community

So it sounds like you enjoy php, and want to create a little project of your own, but you have no motive to create a website. Well you could create a CMS, or Forum, and sell them. You could create all sorts of scripts. You could also try to find something new, and inventive for the web, something that has never been done before. You could make something popular, like myspace, youtube, google, yahoo, and etc. did.

There are some ideas.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.