script for professor rating system?

Kane250

anyone seen ratemyprofessor.com before? I'm basically building a smaller version of that and need to do it quickly, so I'd prefer to not write all the code myself. Basically I'm looking for something that does not require registration and allows people to add teachers to an alphabetized list and rate them with stars, and leave anonymous comments. Building this for my school, but they want it faster than I can write the php for it. Suggestions? I've never used drupal or other cms systems, so anything thats simple would be great!

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They are the simple solution. You shouldn't have taken on the job if you couldn't do it.

The simple solution I was looking for was some pre written PHP that I could maybe modify and add in the extra elements I need for customization.  It's not like this is a paid job or anything, just something we would like to finish within the next 2 months or so. 

Drupal for me, is not the simple solution, it has a steep learning curve.  I tried using it and don't get it still.  Would rather just use PHP.  I know that some frameworks are out there that are written in PHP and can be modified within the code for what you need, and I figured since this was a pretty standard setup, there might be something that someone could point me in the direction of to get me started....that's all.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.