Not Connecting

unidox

I have this domain: http://daskeet.com/, and I am trying to have it remotely connect to a sql db on the deviantgaming.net server. I have this code:

<?php 
mysql_connect("deviantgaming.net", "username", "password") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("table") or die(mysql_error());
?>

But I am getting the error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'deviantgaming.net' (10060)

On cpanel for deviantgaming.net I added both the domain and domain ip to the remote sql allowable ips. Any ideas?

Some hosts will force intranet IP's for their SQL server and most of the time the SQL server does not share the same Host address as the server itself this is really common among shared hosting providers.

I can't really tell you because I don't know how your hosting is set up. I think I remember this being true with 1and1 hosting. and it is probably true among other shared hosting providers.

Provided you have enough permission you could add a new user to your database allowing the remote connection. eg;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'foo'@'remotehostiporhostname' IDENTIFIED BY 'pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.