upload the files across the server

phani_kosaraju

Hi,

I have 2 servers, I had a script in 1st server. That script functionality is uploading the files to the server. Now my requirement is by using the same script i want to upload the files to the 2nd server. I dont want to install the same script in 2nd server. Can we do this? if yes, please tell me the procedure.

If you need any clarification please ping me at

gtalk ---- phani@vanquishtechnologies.com

yahoo --- phani_kosaraju@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

Phani Krishna K.

Hi phani_kosaraju,

If you check out these two urls http://www.solutionbot.com/2008/12/27/secure-file-upload/ and http://www.solutionbot.com/2009/01/02/php-ftp-class/ this should at least get you started. The first url is a secure file uploading class that allows you to upload files safely to your server. Security is a HUGE issue here as you will read in the article since any hacker could upload a malicious .php file that would allow them to get a list of all of the files and read all the files in your directory and then read all the source code. This is just one possibility, but believe me there are many many more negative outcomes from this if you do not secure your code. The second one is an FTP class which is a wrapper class for ftp functions in PHP. What I'm thinking you could do is the following:

<?php
if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST')
{
$uploader = new file_upload(".", 'files');
$whitelist = array('jpg' => 'image/jpeg', 'gif' => 'image/gif');
if ($uploader->upload($whitelist))
{
    $server = new ftp('domain.com', 'username', 'password');

if ($server->connect())
{
$server->chdir('my_upload_folder');

if ($server->put('**file to upload**', '**upload location**'))
        {
               echo 'File uploaded';
        }
        else
        {
               echo 'File could not be uploaded';
        }
}
else
{
echo 'could not connect';
}
}

}
?>

This would upload the file to your first server and send the file through ftp to the second server. Hope this helps!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.