DesignMonkeys Redesign

gaza165

Looks like you tried a bunch of tutorials on different lighting techniques and threw them together.  I think it has potential, but your content boxes are all over the place.  Nothing holds it together and the grid is really messed up.  What's the deal with the footer?

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love the image on the bottom, but it is out of place on the website. The menu and header have the Marker/Paint look to them while the image is more... trendy? It just has a different feel than the header/menu. As for the fonts used for the header and menu: I tend to suggest using the same font if they're very similar. They both have the bold white look, but the menu has rounded ends while the header has more square ends. The header also looks like it's pixelated. I'm guessing it's a texture to make it look rustic or something along those lines? Regardless of the reasoning behind it, I vote to apply it to the menu as well or get rid of it... so basically use the menu style or use the header style... the two of them together make it look like you couldn't figure out which you liked better.

As for the background, it hurts my eyes to read the text with that behind it. It isn't that it's a bad image... it's just too busy for a background... darkening it a bit could help - because the image isn't bad at all - just hard to read the text.

Other than that, I like the design of the site. I wish you the best of luck with making it look perfect!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.