Search entire database for string?

sw9

Can anyone tell me how to search an entire database for a specific string? I know I can do REGEX on specific table. But I need to find a string 'get_cma_date' and it could be anywhere in my 255 table DB. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Thx much!

Queries are specific to the table(s) you have written in your query. To search all the tables, you would need to list all of them in the query, either in a UNION or a JOIN. There is no wild-card search across all the tables in a database. Why do you have similar/same information split into 255 different tables?

I don't have same data in my tables, the issue is that I need to find WHAT table contains a certain string of PHP code that is causing a problem on my site. I am running drupal, so the error is not coming back in a way that is helping me determine which page is causing the problem.

OK, so if I were to use REGEX for this and list out a bunch of tables that could be the culprit, can I get around having to include the specific column? Meaning, can I have it search specific tables in full rather than provide an exact column to try to match on?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.