Use Apache and IIS at the same time

warrentang

Hi

I have a Windows 2003 Sever on which I need to use IIS and Apache at the same time. The server has a single public IP address.

What I want to achieve is, for example, when I input www.myaspnet.com I want it to open a ASP.NET website in IIS on my server; when I use www.myphp.com, I want to open a PHP website in Apache on the same server.

But IIS and Apache cannot listen to the same port 80, can they? And I don't want to let either of them listen to another port, because I would have to use addresses like www.myphp.com:8080, whose suffix(:8080) is not acceptable to me.

How can I achieve that? Thank you for your time and enthusiasm.

Regards

Warren

Hi PFMaBiSmAd

Thanks for your reply. I like the idea, but I don't have control over the DNS server and I really don't want to maintain a DNS server myself.

There may be some other ways to do the same. For example, suppose I get a "transmitter" or something, which will listen to port 80; if it found the host name is www.myphp.com, it will redirect the request to Apache who is listening 8080; if it finds the name is www.myaspnet.com, it will redirect the request to IIS who is listening 9090.

I need a "transmitter" (or redirector) but I don't like a DNS server. Is there any alternative? Thanks.

Regards

Warren

Hello,

Can I ask why you do not want to run PHP under Windows? It is possible to do so with PHP running as an ISAPI. The reason I ask is that because if its not a necessity to run PHP on Apache, you could probably setup a host-header for the php website on your Windows box and just have it read the files from there in which case it would run under the same/current IP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

It would be easier to just run PHP on IIS. The performance has greatly improved with PHP build 5.2.6 or higher and is a lot more stable using FastCGI (versus ISAPI). FastCGI is available for IIS 6 (built in with IIS 7) and you can get the latest version of PHP for Windows at http://windows.php.net. You can also find 'how to' guides for using PHP on Windows and other tips here - http://www.iis.net/php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.