HELP!! my virtuemart/joomla install keeps crashing PHP files are Broderbund

joshuaj

Please help if you can.  I'm not a programmer.  I installed joomla/virtuemart on my server but I noticed that when I was uploading the files from my computer the php files that were not zipped were reading "Broderbund Quick Print type" instead of .PHP 

PROBLEM: My computer (Windows XP) keeps associating PHP files as Broderbund Quick Print type.  So when I upload them to server the server does not recognize them as PHP but as Broderbund.  The store keeps crashing. 

How I've tryied to fix: I have tried uninstalling Printshop which is the culprit of the Broderbund error.  But nothing helps.  I tried associating the php files with .php but the computer keeps saying that they are "Broderbund Quick Print Type" files.  ??? I'm pretty sure this is the problem with all the crashes. 

HELP  :-\CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT SO THAT MY COMPUTER WILL RECOGNIZE PHP files as PHP and not Broderbund?

Any help is appreciated!!!  thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.