how to create a new webpage program

dadamssg

Hi,

ok...so my user will fill out a form that will then be put in a calender my users will see. I want the submission of the form also to make that event a new page in my site, where users can comment on it. kind of like whenever you create a user account on a website, you have your own account page. How the heck do i do that? thanks in advance :)

Lots of PHP. With the form submission, you can have it insert values into a database, which you will draw for two purposes. You can draw from that database each time the calendar page is loaded up. Secondly, you can have a template page for the events that fills it's information by loading in the data from the database as well.

i.e.

User submits form for February 10th that saves in the database as 31 for the id. All users see there is an event on February 10th called "Test Event". The text will be a link to "template.php?id=31". When users click on it, it will open up template.php and the information will be drawn from id 31.

I hope this makes sense.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.