Reselling VPS with an added fee for maintenance?

proggR

I could have probably made this a poll but I can imagine it is going to be overwhelmingly negative so I figured I'd just ask for reasons why.

I've been giving some thought into advertising a web hosting service that would charge a flat rate to design and create a site, register it, and setup hosting/databases etc. Included in the initial fee would be 2 or 3 or something months of hosting and after that I would charge a monthly fee for the hosting. The only catch is I would actually be using third parties for almost all of the thing I'm doing. I'd probably register the domain with GoDaddy or another such site (at no profit to me) and I'd be hosting through another undecided third party. I found a Canadian company located about 3 hours away that supplies different specs of VPS for different prices, the cheapest being $30 a month. I would charge my clients the $30(or whatever the price of the plan they select is), plus a maintenance fee that would cover any bugs or simple changes (which I would have all contractually decided upon beforehand). Major overhauls of the site would cost more obviously but I would be upfront about all that before any cash or code was swapped. Would this be a terrible idea? Obviously with only 1 client the $15/$20 a month maintenance fee is hardly anything but I figured a few clients would be decent pocket change (for a college student with no money). I was thinking the initial charge for design/coding/registering/few months hosting would likely be something to the tune of $500. My target audience would probably be smaller businesses or people wanting a custom personal website.

Does anyone see any legal issues with such an endeavor? If I make the customer aware of the fact that I'm utilizing a third party for the hosting and they agree to the service fees for hosting is that still an issue? Would a basic and minimal $15/$20 maintenance fee bee too much? Too little? Any input would be appreciated.

When it comes to legalities, I would think you should be perfectly fine.  (I'm a 16 year old high school student though, so don't trust my legal advice ;p.)

I would definitely sign some kind of contract with them, and maybe mention something about hosting and domain registration, but I doubt you would need to lay out every single tiny detail.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.