Use FPDF to create new, smaller pdf from master copy

jonathanp

Hi,

I've used FPDF a few times and found it great for creating pdfs for my clients (invoices, shipping notes etc.) but now I have a requirement where PDFs will be uploaded to a site and need to have multiple versions created i.e. they will be uploaded as A4 size but an A5 or custom size may be required.

Does anyone know if FPDF can either open and change a PDF's page size reliably and re-save, or if I can open the master copy and transfer all content to a new document which has the correct page size set? The master file will probably never have images etc, just be plain text.

Also, I've seen mention of FPDF+FPDI around but there's very little documentation I can find for it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Blade,

Do you mean get the data out of the master pdf (that will be the only place the data/content is available from) and insert it into a brand new fpdf instance? I'll look into it, not sure how to get the content out though.

Has anyone had any experience with a pdf2html type app on debian/other distro - I've just found one which works ok on Windows but creates crap html and includes the <hr /> and page number at the bottom of each page - obviously in a smaller document where there are more pages I don't want this content.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.