I made a site (Like Google)

npsari

Hello there  :)

I am glad that my site is getting popular, but, your honest opinion will help me fix things on the site

It is about earning money by displaying mini banners (Same idea like Google adsense, Adbrite, Bidvertiser, etc... But simpler)

What is your first impression? what do you think?

Thank you in advance

>> http://www.yavrim.com <<

Overall, pretty clean. Here are my thoughts...

• I don't think that top border works..I would consider axing it. Cleans up the top a little bit.
  • I think a brief, clear and consice intro paragraph on the home page explaining what the site actually does would help inform first time visitors. Otherwise, many might leave wondering what your site was all about, given that your site is targeted towards the public in general. Speaking of abouts.. perhaps an About tab that gives a more detailed explanation as well?
  • Your site doesn't validate.. ouch.
  • Nor does your CSS.
  • I'm not sure I would bury the contact link in the Help Area.. I would probably make a dedicated Contact tab for contact / feedback pruposes.. makes it much more clear to the visitor how to contact you.
  • Hmm.. your register process seems dubious.. you want us to have some messanger system? Then when I select one, I have to declare my age, sex and location? A little AOL old school, no? This may deter some people. I would consider a good clean traditional register page that asks for basic info (not sure why sex is listed). If things are optional, perhaps putting a notice stating so.. 3 pages or so for so little registration information is a bit much. I would consider using only 1 page divided into sections if need be.. have the use fill in everything in one fell swoop, and submit... keep it simple and on one page.
  • You don't have a consistent footer... perhaps including this, which includes (aside from copyright info), TOS links, legal links and such... accessible on every page.
  • Your pages have varying widths in content.. I would consider keeping them all uniform in width (perhaps match the width of your header)... makes everything feel more consistent and grid like.. more pleasing to the eye to have info line up.

wow, thank you for taking the time to list all this feedback

I really liked what you said, i will work on them and try to fix them

Ohh, about the registration page, i made it into 3 sections, each section in a different page, because i wanted to avoid the typical regitration page which may look scary for some people.

Also, about the top blue, you are right, i will change it, the reason iam keeping it is because i did not find any other gradiation to display

:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.