please help me on making my own basic email server.

edrew04

i need this kind of Email server format:

previous sent email message:(it has a default message saying:"no messages at the moment" if you didn't sent an email(below))

name(textbox)

email address(textbox)

message(textarea)

save(button)

DSC03261.jpg

i need some codes and foundations to start my own email server. thanks for the help.  ;)

That looks like a mail client.  Well actually it looks like a guestbook page, but it looks closer to a mail client than a mail server.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know the difference between a mail client and a mail server, you shouldn't even think about attempting this.

Just to clarify, are you trying to make a contact form (simple), or are you trying to make a mail client (hard)?

That looks like a mail client.  Well actually it looks like a guestbook page, but it looks closer to a mail client than a mail server.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know the difference between a mail client and a mail server, you shouldn't even think about attempting this.

Just to clarify, are you trying to make a contact form (simple), or are you trying to make a mail client (hard)?

mail client is just a simplified email server., mail.yahoo.com is an advance type of email server, i only go for a basic mail client. just like a guestbook..

need your help, I'm using ms access as my database.

mail client is just a simplified email server

You sir, have no idea what you're talking about...

And frankly I'm not sure if I can say what you actually want. Do you need to create a guestbook using MS Access as a database?

And frankly I'm not sure if I can say what you actually want. Do you need to create a guestbook using MS Access as a database?

Yes, I need to create a guestbook using MS Access as a database...

Why do you keep quoting people and not adding anything?  Is that your way of bumping?  If so, you're not going to get a better answer.  Sorry.  There isn't a *magic* answer.

Why do you keep quoting people and not adding anything?  Is that your way of bumping?  If so, you're not going to get a better answer.  Sorry.  There isn't a *magic* answer.

he keeps adding his replies inside the quotes.

Well then. First of all, why MS Access? It's not the best, or second best choice for such purpose. (Actually, it's no good at all)

Second. There are several tutorials showing how to create a guestbook. Did you find/read/follow any? Did you start any coding?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.