Completely New to PHP

dbwyld

Hello all...

I'm a member of another PHP forum and I'm looking to learn the ins and outs of the coding and such to either start my own or help with the one I am currently a member of.

Where can I go to find some good documentation, apps, and/or maybe free php posting sites to start one and play around with it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wait.....  Did you really just post on a PHP help board about starting a PHP help board?  Or did I misread that?

Anyway, the best way to learn PHP, in my opinion, is to read pretty much anything you can find (there is a lot of really bad PHP stuff out there though... avoid older tutorials/guides, and make sure to read stuff by fairly well known sites [if you want to be safe]).

Besides that, just try stuff.  I'm a "do it, hope it turns out right, and if not, do it better next time," kind of person.

Besides that' date=' just try stuff.  I'm a "do it, hope it turns out right, and if not, do it better next time," kind of person.[/quote']

That's the way I normally am, but being pretty green with this, I wanted some basic info and some starter help to get me going.

Thanks to drisate and gunabalans too, definitely some good sites and I'll be scoping them out for sure.

For sure  This web site is good for beginers

This to setup the environment

http://kilinjal.com/index.php?cat=articles&flag=c&content_id=12

For php start

http://kilinjal.com/index.php?cat=tutorials&sub=php&flag=c&content=Introduction&content_id=1

you can find lot of good practices what i use for my programming in php

gunabalans, I downloaded the NetBeans IDE and have attempted to run the installation in order to get familiar with that, however it continually tells me that I don't have the proper version of the Java JDK, and I currently have installed version 1.7.0 - what's up with that?

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.