Please review my political social-networking site.

LawsLoop

LawsLoop is a website that allows anybody to create and publish their own personalised manifesto online. Members have the freedom to express any opinion they hold, no matter how extreme they may seem to others.

Theres tons of other stuff but thats the basic, core value of the site. I'm happy cos we just had a registered political party in the UK join and create a manifesto.

URL: http://www.lawsloop.com

Example LawBook: http://www.lawsloop.com/lawbooks.php?name=lawsloop

--------------

My monitor shows colours a lot darker than they are to most people so I'm working on some of the brighter aspects of the layout, tell me which (if any) parts of the layout are too bright. (I believe the light green part of the layout might be too bright).

The homepage needs work to make it a little more interesting in terms of how to position the current information, suggestions welcome.

Any other reviews or suggestions are very welcome, look forward to them.

I guess I'm a little concerned about how the header, welcome block, content and footer all have different widths and don't even remotely try to line up with each other. It would make it a composition opposed to the appearance of just plopping content in there. Not to mention they're all longer than your header/link menu and sort of hang there. IMO make the header and welcome section equal widths to the content or just shorten the content block's widths.

Thank you very much for your critique.

If they were all the same width...I dunno, it makes me think it'd be pretty blocky, very tabular. Anybody else agree with either of us?

I've wrestled with the layout SO much cos I'm never happy with it, criticism of layout/website itself, let me know.

• 6 months later...

overall the site is well maintained and has some very cool features ...  the interface is good but not much attractive..... 

I like the way menu works and the lightness is added advantage but the interface does not show its social networking side.. It should be more personal [ like  3d world for user ] ...

- you can achive this by separating the header.... 

- colorising the background.....

- making the right side more valuable like adding extra features you have in drop down list of top menu... nd pinning top things

- these things keep user busy...

undoubtedly you are a great programmer you just need inspiration    [good luck ]

Checking back...

Thanks for your comments and we definitely agree and take them on. We'll work on making it actually look more like a social-networking site. Maybe we've focussed a little too hard on the political aspect of it!

More stuff is coming soon to keep people busy as well as the site being a good resource for academic research or just general interest.

Any more comments greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LawsLoop is a website that allows anybody to create and publish their own personalised manifesto online. Members have the freedom to express any opinion they hold, no matter how extreme they may seem to others.

Theres tons of other stuff but thats the basic, core value of the site. I'm happy cos we just had a registered political party in the UK join and create a manifesto.

URL: http://www.lawsloop.com

Example LawBook: http://www.lawsloop.com/lawbooks.php?name=lawsloop

--------------

My monitor shows colours a lot darker than they are to most people so I'm working on some of the brighter aspects of the layout, tell me which (if any) parts of the layout are too bright. (I believe the light green part of the layout might be too bright).

The homepage needs work to make it a little more interesting in terms of how to position the current information, suggestions welcome.

Any other reviews or suggestions are very welcome, look forward to them.

hi friend this is a good social networking site. keep it up.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.