Chess website layout critique

moon 111

Overall, I like the look of the site. Clean and simple. Seems to serve its purpose well (for a homepage anyway).

Some thoughts:

• Your page doesn't validate.
  • No contact page?
  • The 'grid' isn't quite there, in the sense that you have content that aligns nice and neat along the left hand side, but nothing on the right hand side to kind of balance things somewhat.. So while it is minor, I would suggest perhaps something like today's date along the top menu, (but flush right with the right-hand edge of the sponsor) [doesn't have to be today's date of course, if there is something else you can add in there instead, like social bookmarking or something]. I also wonder if the footer can be spread out horizontally so that its contents are the same width as the site itself.. All in all, it feels to 'flush left' IMO.

Also, can you please post what browser your using, and, if there's something very wrong, a screenshot?

I personally would try to make sure it render correctly on all major up to date browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari / Chrome).

You can test how you site looks over at browser shots as an example.

Hi

looks nice your site.

Did you however try to make the browser window smaller in IE7? Your content div width gets very narrow. Give it at least some (min) width. In FF the content div seems to get overlapped by the rightnav div. when resizing the window. Should be easy to fix that, no? cheers, frank.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.