getting content off sister site

jakebur01

Our current site is php. Our sister site is asp.net which uses special built vb apps to access inventory data. At the present, I do not have any way of accessing this data using php.

However, I thought I might could build a few pages on the asp.net site and have the php site access those pages for information.

Example:

asp.net site - data.aspx

TITLE[[[[[Test title]]]]]

php side

get content on http://www.sistersite.com/data.aspx

- extract content in between the TITLE[[[[[ ]]]]]

I am not that fluent in asp.net. I have a product list in MySQL for php site. I am wanting to update my prices in mysql based on the price the sister site is displaying. Which the price would be the only text displayed on the page if needed for extracting.

update_prices.php

I would have a loop that would go through each item and get the price from data.aspx?ItemNo=$itemnumberhere ...... then, update that retrieved price into mysql.

Wouldn't the xml have to be a static page?

Also, for now, the only html on the sister site page would be the price. It does not require anything complex for updating prices such as going through a lot of code. I am only dealing with one value, which would be displayed on the page.

I will implement the xml later though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.