I need to compile php-4.4.8 with the following libraries:

- oci8

- dba

- dbx

- bcmath

- bz2

- calendar

I run the ./configure in the following way:

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-bz2 --with-calendar --with-bcmath --with-dba --with-dbx

It compiles without error, but when I try php -m I see that only bz2, calendar and bcmath are installed as extensions.

I also followed the install notes from oci8 and it also make and make install without any error, but I can't see it as an library.

Why some of the extensions are active and other aren't.

Thank you in advance!

I need php 4.4.8 to be compatible with older scripts.

The command that I run is:

'./configure' '--enable-cli' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--with-bz2' '--with-bcmath' '--with-calendar' '--with-ctype' '--with-curl' '--with-dba' '--with-dbx' '--with-dio' '--with-domxml' '--with-exif' '--with-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-iconv' '--with-mbstring' '--with-ncurses' '--with-openssl' '--with-overload' '--with-pcre' '--with-posix' '--with-pspell' '--with-session' '--with-shmop' '--with-sockets' '--with-standard' '--with-sysvsem' '--with-sysvshm' '--with-tokenizer' '--with-wddx' '--with-xml' '--with-xslt' '--with-yp' '--with-zlib'

And I only have those module:

bz2
ctype
curl
gd
gettext
iconv
mysql
ncurses
openssl
overload
pcre
posix
pspell
session
standard
tokenizer
xml
zlib

It is on linux and in php.ini I found only Windows Extension section.

I mean the actual files as far as modules go, not the php -m output.

To be compatible with older scripts?  Older scripts should be compatible with PHP5.

As for the php.ini only having Windows extensions, have you tried changing the extension names?

And, are you positive configure and make don't give any error?  Also, are you doing make install?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.