help on how templates/modules/config stuff works

delta37

Hi, I have been programming with php for 3 years already and I'm still programming it the way beginners do it, where you have index.php and you have all the codes there, then an admin.php and you have everything there also, and so on...

I just need some help on how some of the new php apps/website work where there are several folders like modules/templates/config/db/admin etc...

I know what these folders are suppose to do but I get mixed up on where to start and how to start this kind of coding. I've tried downloading some example but they are too complicated already with a lot connection from here and there that I don't know where to even start looking.

Maybe someone can tell me where to find a tutorial about this so I can start from scratch, or maybe someone can advice me on how these modules/templates/db combine to work?

Thanks is advance!

thanks for the reply man, but I need something more detailed hehe :D

I am looking at this site http://www.php-shopping-cart-tutorial.com/introduction.htm and I've downloaded the source-code. I am looking at it right now and I have no idea where to start. it's like A->B, A->C, C->E, E->B, B->D, ...

I know how the whole thing works I can code it in just maybe 5 php files? more or less... but I want to start learning how to code this way having modules/templates/db separated in folders because it will be a lot easier maintaining the site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.