Seek Ideas for Improve Programming skills, problem solving skill

Tertius

as the topics, I am seeking the topics ,articles for improving programming skill, kind of problem solving skill, pattern of thinking during brainstorming some project how to make something , like my boss told me to make something , from zero to complete,

for example, a pager, there are tons of tutorial in net teach you how to do this, for sure I can follow one of these and copy ,paste the code, change a little bit, but i want to learn from their programming ,logic, problem solving, pattern of thinking, how do they put all the thought about a pager together, and made a pager, because during the time you brainstorm, like there are too much elements for a pager, like you can make it flexable enough to handle url rewritten with url_rewrite.

or can you guys tell me how do you guys think, and plan?

I know pesuoduocode, flow chart.

or can anyone post up some articles, links about this topic??

just now, when I am typing this, a thought comes to me,

for e.g.

first, make the pager just have simpliest functionality,

and then, add functions, flexibility.

like version 1.00 to version 2.00 like this.

may anyone give me some advices, also, i think a lot of people is like me ,searching for articles like this, to become very good in these skills.

first, make the pager just have simpliest functionality,

and then, add functions, flexibility.

like version 1.00 to version 2.00 like this.

That's sort of how the agile methodology works. In agile software development you work on relatively small iterations. Each iteration would theoretically be able to be shipped as a complete product, bar the fact that it might not yet have sufficient functionality to actually be useful yet. There are other things to agile than just that though.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.