Safari 4 Beta

nrg_alpha

Just downloaded Safari 4 Beta (win), and I must, I like the new look and feel. Very snappy and responsive. I am noticing they are slanting towards Chrome's layout in the sense that they now added similar control and customize buttons (along with the familiar bug report button).

As far as zooming the entire page contents in and out, it is the fastest performer I have seen thus far. Very sleek IMO. Will put it through its paces.. but I what I'm seeing.

In the case of the refresh icon, they [apply] put the refresh icon within the right-hand end of the url field instead.

The one thing I really like about chrome is there is only one field for both url type-ins, as well as  google searching. I prefer this to other browsers that have a dedicated search field (You can eliminate the search field in Opera to have just the one field along the top, but if you want to search for something (say in google), you have to type g then a space, then the search term, where as in Chrome you don't need to type anything other than the search term itself). I can see browsers adopting this aspect sooner or later.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.