is this CAPTCHA any good?

fry2010

don't know if this helps but its homemade and it works

The fact that your method has not been broken through does not imply that it is secure. The resource that you are protecting may just not be any good for a spammer to abuse. Spammers go after article directories, blogs, contact forms to send outbound email, social bookmarking websites, etc.

If you have any of the above and have a decent google ranking and are not protecting your registration or submission forms then be prepared for the worst.

A bot will just pass through those details, as they included in the html.

I thought i had done one better using sessions, but stil a pile of crap anyway.

Nice work with that niel, looks clean. I have no idea how you would get letters and digits to to image randomly and twisted like that.

several sites i have been on use images for capcha and they suck sometimes the letters don't display other sites like yahoo is a good example havent seen it for a while but before a few times it started asking to enter the code shown below once you had clicked send an email and 9 times out of ten had to try several times even although i entered the correct thing shown what to do nothings ever perfect.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.