Very new to php- need help with creating pages like name.php?=test

loveranger

I have almost no knowledge in PHP but willing to learn now. Right now I want to know how to pages with the links like www.domain.com/test.php?=test (so it hides the initial page link)

For example, you can see this done in

http://www.desi-nation.info

when you hover over the links of the channels. Any tutorial links or explanations here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I have almost no knowledge in PHP but willing to learn now. Right now I want to know how to pages with the links like www.domain.com/test.php?=test (so it hides the initial page link)

I do this a bit in various pages, and the way I do it is basically this... Oh this is from a hidden, password protected database editing screen - the users only ever read the data on "static" pages, not write it, so I wanted a single page with, in this case, about 15 options including view, edit, delete and add to 2 different databases. Theres other ways to do it, but this works for me. Each option 1, 2 etc is basically a fully self-contained section other than a header & footer for the page.

<?php

//Common header items like checking database connectivity etc, laying out any default page layouts etc

//as well as lots of comments so I know what I was thinking when I come back months later lol.

$pid=$_GET['pid'];

//This gets the pid variable from the called page. In my case I  have about 15 value for it, and some

//pages also have secondary bits such as pid=3 below

if ($pid=='1') {

// Code for Page ID = 1

}

if ($pid=='2') {

//Code for Page ID = 2

}

if ($pid=='3') {

$alphindex = $_GET['alphindex'];

if ($alphindex==''){

// code for alphindex being blank

} else {

//code for a non blank alphindex

}

// Common footer section goes here before the end of the page

This is so called GET method of passing variables to a script.

Try

<?php

echo $_GET["txt"];
?>

save it as test.php and then point your browser to test.php?txt=foobar

A little confused.. where does the term "foobar" come from the code? Is there a tutorial link you can provide where I can start this from scratch.. it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I had a topic just like this, and there were a few replies, this was the best system i found to do it for on my site...depending how large your site is, or how in depth it gets you may need more than this. just copy this code to a blank page and try it out. save the page as pagetest.php and upload it.

<?php

$p = $_GET['p'];  //get the correct page id (p) from the URL

switch ($p) {  //begin switch, choose the right resulting page data

default:   //this is the default, so whenever the page is loaded without an id, it displays this
	  echo '<a href="pagetest.php?p=hello"> HELLO</a><BR /><BR />';  
	  echo '<a href="pagetest.php?p=goodbye"> GOODBYE</a><BR /><BR />';
	 break;

case "hello" :  //if the id is hello
	 echo 'Hello, and welcome to our page!';
	 break;

case "goodbye" : //if the ?p= is goodbye
	 echo 'Thanks for coming, Goodbye!';
	 break;
} //end switch

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.