xcache

karltanav

Hey

I just installed XCache on my VPS, however i was wondering, is that and i dont need to do anything else?

for example with APC i used to catch some functions with

apc_store();

But with xcache im unsure of what to do?

How should i call the cache on my php files, and how do i cache my functions?

Thanks in advance

Corbin: In this case you are telling me that i wont need to do any other installation than the XCache in order to reduce my server loads?

I already installed the Xcache but i am affraid that the xcache wont do any help since im not doing anything else, like calling a function from my php files or any of the config files.

Thanks

The configuration can be tweaked of course, but as far as installation goes, you should just have to load the extension and make sure it's configured as enabled.

The function call with APC was to store something in memory.  I'm not quite sure you understand the difference in byte-code caching and storing something in memory?

Corbin:

I dont know much yet about caching, so the term byte-code is new to me but i can guess perfectly what it refers to, i worked with apc before and know it stores in the memory, thanks a lot for your help i was looking for this function in order to store my information with xcache as i did with apc_store.

In xcache you can use:

xcache_set('this', 'that');

And

xcache_get('this');

to print: that

Thanks a lot for your time by the way.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.