script run when browser stopped

maddogandnoriko

I have a fairly long script that is checking links. For the time being I am calling it in my browser and running it on my local server and echoing stuff back to see what is going on. When it is running and I click the stop button does the script stop executing also or does it continue to the end? On the same note if it does still run what happens if the script gets called again?

Thank you very much,

Todd

Is there a way to know if it is still running? More importantly is here a way to not have 100 running at a time? The pages vary in density with links, some may have none a large one has thousands. I am not worried if one or two overlap but I probably don't want a bunch running at the same time. Any suggestions?

Todd

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.