Just some Captcha questions

Softkites

Ok, sort of a newbie here.

Using captcha you normally get a code to generate images with the text or symbols in it, you can of course use your own images.

Here is my question:

How do you know if those images you made yourself are safe to use, in other words how to know the robots can't read the text or symbols on them?

Here is an image I produced, is it safe?

captcha1.gif

If not, why not. How can I make it safe? PS, you can take a look at it working [here]. This site is still under construction. I also made it so you can enlarge it when using your mouse over. Older people need that you know, they are blind Ha Ha....

By the way the larger version and the smaller one are two different images.

Thanks for your help guys.

Steady Breezes

Robert

The reason you want a CAPTCHA is so that it's much more difficult to create a program to automatically enter your form' date=' if it's the same image every time there isn't a reason to even have one.[/quote']

I am well aware of that, the reason I am asking is that if the first image or text is impenetrable, why have more images or textquestion.gif. That is the main issue I query.

In other words if they are not impenetrable like you said, eventually the programs will get through, whether it is the first, second, third, twentieth, thirtieth attempt.

Or is that not correct? rolling.gif Does having more images or text make it impenetrable 102.gif?

I appreciate your comments.thumb.gif

Steady Breezes

Robert

exactly, so if they get the captcha wrong, you generate a NEW captcha image..

I created a captcha image generated a while ago, and I'm not exactly sure how great it is anymore, but its works good.. I've attached it to this post and heres a link to a demo:

Plain Text from Image

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for your answers guys, I appreciate your thoughts and I will give that Captcha generator a try for sure.

With there being over 1 trillion unique URL's, I think it is fairly safe not to expect someone to come to my particular website and create a program to get through the security. Who knows though. I did read a tutorial about stripping tags etc from the entered text, that is also a great solution.

Steady Breezes

Robert

PS: To those that do not like my kite emoticons, they are made by myself, that is why I was using them and they are not smilies either. Smilies are round.cool.gif Take care.

Always expect unexpected.

PS: To those that do not like my kite emoticons, they are made by myself, that is why I was using them and they are not smilies either. Smilies are round.cool.gif Take care.

Don't know how about others, but personally I find them amusing ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.