APACHE suddenly stopped

pvaradero

I have Windows Vistas. Today, i tried running a test for a web site on apache and it gave the error that the web was not found. I was typing the address correctly. one of my webs is running. I checked Apache Console and it read apache2 but it does not stop or start on my PC. I restarted the PC and nothing happeneds. I unistalled apache and re-install it again. Then it says that it was installed successfully but that not service was installed. What coudl have happene dthat it cratched liked that all of a sudden and how to solve this?

(Don't know what yours will say in Spanish....  [Guessing your Windows version is in Spanish since part of your Apache error is.])

Open Windows Defender.

Go to Tools->Software Explorer.

Change Category to "Network Connected Programs."

Click on each item and scroll to the bottom to see which ports it's using.

Or, you could download a program that can do it more easily.

I used to have a program, but I don't remember the name of it ;p.

Look, what I did. I uninstalled and installed appserv 2.59. It installed conrrectly but when it goes to start Apache server it gives me the error: operation failed. I go to services in windows and I try to start Apache and nothing. In another post I read that someone installed WampServer and it worked. Would that be a solution? I don't want try until I find out what might be happing. Just to learn a bit more....

I dowload it a programm to check what software was using my port 80. I found out it was Skype. I exited it and apache is running now but still I can't see the page because it read that the browser cannot conect to ther server. How coudl you help now?

Hey, guys. I have tried everything and I can't beat this problem. I have even deleted Skype form my Pc and nothing. Apache is well installe dand running on port 80. I see in Windows sevices that it is running, but when I tried to run a website, then I get the error that the browser cannot conect to the server in localhost as it the page is not there and actually it is there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Then you hosts file some how changed its self, which doesn't make sense x.x.  Do you use WAMPServer by any chance?

Anyway, open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad and change the line

::1 localhost

To

127.0.0.1 localhost

WAMPServer by any chance? Yes, I had used this last night to get it workign and I couldn't.

I already changed that in Notepad, but I could only saved it as host.dat. What would be the good extension to save the file?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad and change the line

::1 localhost

To

127.0.0.1 localhost

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.