FFMPEG video conversion

ssjal

hi,

i am working on video sharing project.

i tested  php video toolkit code.

the video is converted into flv format. but i want to have some kind of error handling mechanism which would help to check and display error code due to incorrect video upload or any other reason.

so i wanted to know how can error handling applied in case of ffmpeg.

also need a good reference link to (ffmpeg) video conversion implementation in linux.

Thanks.

Are you referring to the file upload part?

You mean if a user attempts to upload a file of an unsupported format?

ffmpeg doesn't do error handling as it is a command line application. You need to make sure that you do not use it with garbage files. Your file upload should only accept certain file types i.e .mov, .mpeg, etc

Thanks for your reply

yes, i am talking of file conversion using ffmpeg. i need to implement error handling during video conversion which will help to display some message/error code at the time of unsuccessfull video conversion.

Is there any other alternative for video conversion (linux platform) besides ffmpeg which provides video conversion + error handling + watermarking?

i tried Sothink Video Encoder Engine for Adobe Flash (Linux Version) but it does not perform watermaking on video.

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.