Need help figuring out how to query data efficiently

Strahan

Howdy.  I have a database that has a list of "targets".  Computer names, user names and IP addressing.  If the current system that the script runs on matches the database for one of those targets, it runs that record.  Now the computer & user names I have working fine.  The IP I used to have working, but I hit a roadblock.  I wanted to be able to do wildcards, like grab all IPs in specific subnets.  I made it able to accept an IP like 192.168.0.* for example.  However, I neglected to take into account small subnetted ranges..  like 192.168.1.192 with a CIDR of /28.  That means only .192 - .207 would fall within that network.

Soooo...  I have fields like this in the database:

192.168.1.192/28

10.0.0.102/32

..and the script knows that my current IP for example is 192.168.1.195.  Short of looping through every single record that has an IP and testing it against my current IP, is there an efficient way to match an IP to a network designation like that? 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.