echo $class->string; reserved/function names?

Marco000

First of apologies for any inconvenience if this has been posted before as I’m unsure of what it could possibly be called/come under besides something like "reserved variables"?

I have a class that pulls a result out of a database and loads them into class variables by the database field name like the following

// Load the results into the class
foreach ($array as $name => $value) {
$this->$name = $value;
}

This works fine as expected but the problem occurs when I try to echo one of the fields names in the database (it’s called "string") It ends up being like echo $advert->string; and it’s not outputting anything? In Dreamweaver its showing the class variable "string" as a different colour so I’m guessing something isn’t right in terms of "string" being reserved or a function?

How could I get the final/desired output/action I’m looking for here as I’m completely stumped! I normally Google for my solutions but have no idea what I have come across is called.

PS. Sorry for anything I do wrong, just signed up and don’t know the ropes yet in terms of acceptable behaviour, community expectations and ways to post queries.

But that means i might aswell change the field name in the database as it acomplishs the same thing?

also is there a list of reserved variable names? to look over to increase my knowledge of this? I notice this happens with "int" too (echo $object->int)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.