Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iamq08

problem with foreach

I'm trying to populate a form in a menu for my website, and for some reason it won't pull the information from the database correctly. Any assistance would be real helpful.

here's the function from the include file

[code]  function get_extensions(){
                $q = mysql_query("select name, context, mailbox, secret from extensions");
                while($info = mysql_fetch_array($q)){
                return $info;
                }
        }[/code]

Heres the excerpt from the php file
[code]
$vars = New Casename;
$vars->mysqldbcon();
$extens = $vars->get_extensions();
<?
                foreach($extens as $val){
        ?>

<form action="user.php" method="POST">
                <tr bgcolor="#E7F3FB">
                      <td nowrap valign=top><input name="name" value="<?=$val['name']?>"></td>
                      <td nowrap valign=top><input type="text" maxlength="150" name="context" value="<?=$val['context']?>"></td>
                      <td nowrap valign=top><input type="text" maxlength="150" name="mailbox" value="<?=$val['mailbox']?>"></td>
                      <td nowrap valign=top><input type="text" maxlength="150" name="secret" value="<?=$val['secret']?>"></td>
                          <td nowrap valign=top><input type="Submit" name="action" value="Update"></td>
                      <td nowrap valign=top><input type="Submit" value="Remove" name="action"></td>
                </tr>
</form>
<?}?>[/code]

For some reason it doesn't pull the information correctly.

I'm trying to pull and populate the page with all of the entries, which is the reason for no where specification.  I don't think the problem is with the function, because I can print values, I think there may be somethin wrong with the foreach statement or below that.

try a diffrent loop then ok

example.
<?
for($i=0; $i<count($extens); $i++){
?>

try echoing the $extens and seeing if you actually have an array:

[code]echo '<pre>'.print_r($extens, TRUE);[/code]

and if it's got the values you expect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.