[SOLVED] My web page layout looks fine in all browser except firefox ?

nevesgodnroc

I have been working on a CMS below is a url of a page i am testing.

makcoinc.com/andysomm/

I have viewed it in IE 6,7  Opera, Chrome and it looks fine but when i view in firefox it has a lot of problems

I know I am not necessarily suppose to be using tables for layouts but thats just the way it is for now until I find a good place to learn how to build the layout with divs

my tables are all in one verical line and it seems that my bg image doesnt work and some of my other images as well.

Does any body have any advice?

Don't take this the wrong way, but the HTML coding is ancient.

I don't know what the problem is exactly, but I would imagine it's something to do with all of the outdated tags.

I'm surprised it doesn't work in Firefox though as it's usually very tolerant.

yeah I know my code is a little outdated This is a project that I started about 5 years ago when I first got into web programming and I know it is pretty ugly some code written by dreamweaver and some manually.

I have been looking for where I can find some good tutorials on how to properly formatt web pages using more recent standards but seem kind of confusing.

I am more of a programmer than a designer.  but when its a one man operation I guess you just have to learn it all.

I found one div based template that I have now put into place. i am jsut working on how to format it correctly.

Thanks for takig a look,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.