PHP Form processor

rushdot

Hi All,

You may think that I am very lazy, just signing up to the forum to get your help, but I have spent hours trying to achieve my goal, but as I have 0 PHP knowledge it is very hard.

I have brought a PHP form processor to process my online newsletter signups, its all working fine, the processor sends me an email with the data from the form.

However I have tried to add some extra functionality - and failed!

All I wanted to do, is as well as sending an email to me with the information, I wanted to take the users email address that they have entered, and sent them an email saying thank you...

You get the idea.

I haven't managed to get very far at the moment, what I started off by doing was just trying to get the users email address that they entered and having it as a separate bit of information. I haven’t even managed this yet!

As I say, I have never used PHP before, and all I can do is trail & error, but it is taking forever!

If someone thinks that can help me, I send PM them the code as I don’t really want to paste it for the world to see as this is someone’s work.

I will be happy to pay for the amendments, as I don’t expect you to amend the code for free.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Hi There,

Thanks for the quick reply, it’s not my code I purchased it. I can’t write PHP script.  The only reason I didn’t want to post it publicly is that someone is selling this code, so if I post it then people can just use it without paying for it. I’m not referring to you guys, I know you could easily write your own processor, I was just thinking about the person that wrote it originally.

I'll send you the code now.

Thanks,

Michael

Ok, i will look over it when i get back, it is using php mailer :)

Wicked.

I forgot to say, please ignore any bits of code with $senders_email

That was me trying to seperate the email address entered! There are three entries in the code I sent you, just deleted it or it just errors.

Thanks.

Michael

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.